Helping our communities get to work
We’ve been providing the highest quality vocational vehicles to local governments, school districts, hospitals, and other public authorities for over 40 years. We’ll work to get you the right price and the right vehicle to get the job done. Our close relationship with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts enables us to offer special programs for Mass. authorities.
I’ve been doing business with Ballard Truck Center for over 30 years and it’s always been a positive experience. They ALWAYS do what they say they are going to do and if there’s ever a problem, they fix it right away.Fred Davies
City of Framingham
They are great, from sales to service! Service is always there for both routine and emergency jobs. Why would anybody go somewhere other than Ballard Mack...Harry
Holliston Sewer Service
Massachusetts Approved Vendor Programs
The VEH98 statewide contract provides:
- Fixed pricing on Mack, Volvo, Isuzu, Hino trucks. No bid required.
- Fixed hourly rate for repair services.
- Fixed discount for parts.
- Access to vendors who offer roadside and emergency services, including during snow emergencies.
The VEH98 Contract is available to:
- Cities, towns, districts, counties, and other political subdivisions.
- Executive, legislative and judicial branches, including all departments and elected offices.
- Independent public authorities, commissions, and quasi-public agencies.
- Local public libraries, public school districts and charter schools.
- Public hospitals, owned by the commonwealth.
- Public institutions of higher education.
- Public purchasing cooperatives.
- Non-profit, UFR-certified organizations that are doing business with the Commonwealth.
Greater Boston Police Council
Public Works & Public Safety Cooperative Purchasing Program
Under this easy “shop and buy” program, Ballard Truck Center’s membership with the Greater Boston Police Council (GBPC) guarantees the flexibility to help you purchase a heavy duty Mack truck without having to worry about extra expenses, delays or the complexities of obtaining the right truck.
Who’s it for?
- Any member or associate member of the GBPC
- Any municipal agency from a town or city with a member of the GBPC
Through this purchasing program, as a MAPC advocate, Ballard will handle the entire bidding process, the management of your contract, and take care of any issues that may appear along the way.
We’re proud to have worked with the following towns & cities
- East Brookfield
- Fall River
- New Bedford
- New Braintree
- New Marlboro
- North Attleboro
- UMass Amherst
- West Brookfield